Raccoon Sky Pirates Boxed Set + DIGITAL FILES
You are a raccoon: a chittering, baggy-pants, ring-tailed burglar. You and your friends have built an implausible floating ship in the junkyard, and tonight you'll fly it across town to the suburbs in search of better trash.
Together, you'll navigate the treacherous neighborhoods, find a ripe, free-standing house with cable internet, steal as much as you can carry, and fend off the Neighborhood Watch—all while trying not to explode. In Raccoon Sky Pirates, it's all for one and one for all.
Flying a ship takes coordination and discipline. Unfortunately, you're a bunch of raccoons.
A game for 3–6 players
"Raccoon Sky Pirates is delightfully off-kilter! It knows exactly the experience it is promising, and it delivers. Pilot a janky-ass flying trash barge! Panic and make terrible choices! Steal a shiny toaster! This is madcap fun." —Avery Alder, author of Monsterhearts, Dream Askew, and The Quiet Year
Raccoon Sky Pirates is a tabletop role-playing game for 3 to 6 players that takes about three hours to play. Take to the skies, loot a suburban home of all the trash you can carry, and escape into the night while trying to keep your ship from exploding.
- Pick your raccoon or other trash animal—possums, rats, pigeons, and roaches are all available.
- Design your gorgeous, rattletrap flying ship.
- Roll to see what you do, then narrate a moment based on your roll.
- Play Complications Cards to rescue a disastrous moment—but watch out, you’re asking for trouble in the future.
- Watch the Disaster Track tick up in the house and on the ship.
- In five clearly defined scenes, fly to the suburbs, get into the house, steal everything you can, fly back to the junkyard, and divvy up the loot.
In this boxed set you will find:
- the 56-page zine, full of whimsical drawings in lavish black and white
- the Deck of Complications, ready to throw a wrench into the works
- a bonus 12-sided raccoon die, with a raccoon face on the 12
- maps of the entire house, the neighborhood, and the ship
- character sheets
…all shipped in a handsome white box with the zine’s front cover printed on it.
The deck and the die come individually wrapped in recycled brown paper, so they’ll make the trip to you safely.
What's new in the Second Edition?
The raccoons have had a glow-up!
The rules are more clearly organized and written. People with no experience with story games or TTRPGs will have a much easier time. Experienced gamers who muddled through and made their own house rules to pick up the slack will have clearer direction.
Plus, the house maps are bigger: every floor of every house has its own 8.5" x 11" sheet. This will make it easier to track your raccoons' progress through the house with your own homemade tokens (bottlecaps, Coke tabs, 15mm Napoleonic figurines, etc.). The houses sit with the other printable play sheets—neighborhood, ship, and all 18 characters—after the rules zine.
For folks using screen readers, there are now two EPUB files: the rules zine and the printable playsheets. Make sure to grab both, and let me know if you have any trouble getting them.
What's more, you're getting additional PDF files en français!
*Digital files will be emailed once the physical item ships.