Jedediah Berry and Andrew McAlpine
A band of renegades rises up against the cruel god who dominates the land. In the conflict to follow, nothing matters more than the right to tell the tale...
Dethroners is a complete adventure game of weird fantasy and shifting narrative control for 3 to 5 players. One player is the Divinity, intent on solidifying their power and crushing a nascent rebellion. The others are Renegades, bold souls who seek to liberate the world. As the Renegades score major triumphs, they literally tear pages from the rulebook, claiming facets of the Divinity's authority.
- A competitive map-making story game in which players wrest control of the GM's narrative powers.
- Strategic yet collaborative gameplay with evocative narrative prompts.
- Encounter tables suitable for use in any weird fantasy RPG.
- Step-by-step rules for our innovative Titles system help you learn as you play.
- Character sheets, rules reference, and map template included.
- Optional campaign rules for multi-session games.
- Trash wizards, the Hell-that-Wanders, and the old king's floating head.
Game design by Jedediah Berry & Andrew McAlpine
Illustrated by Khaled Khlifi
Edited by Emily R. Houk
| 3-5 Players | 2-3 Hours
A5, saddle-stitched zine, 40 B&W pages
*PDFs will be emailed once the physical item ships.