Rogue 2e + PDF
Rogue 2E is a dungeon crawling game that uses storytelling game rules.
- Pick Lists, Not Stats: Rather than stats, players select a custom list of 12 actions that they can perform at any time.
- Automatic Successes: Performing actions from your pick list allows you to succeed automatically unless the GM issues a challenge.
- Real-Time Refreshes: You can overcome ANY challenge by using your character's personal Ace (a phrase detailing your character's core powers), which refreshes every 15 minutes in real-time.
- Crises, Not Hit Points: Rather than using abstract HP totals, PCs manage a list of crises, such as injury, exhaustion, and incapacitation. So long as they have less than four, they are alive.
- Hard & Soft Events: You can cause anything to happen at any time by using the GM Events table, and interpreting the results as you see fit.
- Initiative-less Combat: Combat is dynamic and relies upon the GM following the logical narrative flow, rather than an artificial turn-based system.
- Narrative-Based Monsters: Monsters are composed of a list of events, a list of overwhelming powers, and a list of weaknesses that can be exploited.
- Rulings, Not Rules: Everything from monsters to events to crises to situational bonuses and penalties is designed to provide maximum support for GMs interested in running the game with important OSR principles.
*PDF will be emailed once the physical item ships.