Lilifer Tarot: The Gold Edition
LILIFER was inspired by early tarot decks, the occult tradition, and Marion Costentin's own spiritual practice. It features 22 major arcanes, 56 minor arcanes + 2 Lilith & Lucifer cards, and comes with a booklet of card meanings and tables of correspondences.
Every single illustration was painted intuitively by hand with watercolors. Lilifer is a free-flowing deck with a unique voice. It takes root in various forms of the tarot and isn't attached to a specific school of thought.
Here's a few things you should know:
- The structure of LILIFER borrows from the Tarot de Marseille, therefore Justice is the 8th card while Strength is the 11th card.
- Just like in the Waite-Smith Tarot, you will notice that the pip cards are evocative and seem to tell a story, rather than relying solely on esoteric numerology.
- Kings & Queens: In Lilifer, the Queen sits atop of each suit. This choice symbolizes a needed departure from the patriarchal organization of our society and is meant to invite a return to balance.
- M arion composed the booklet in a similar fashion to that of early tarot decks: instead of elaborating on the meaning of each card, I'm giving you keywords and pointers to prompt your own interpretations.
In the first part of the book, you will find tables of correspondences outlining symbols and themes that run throughout the deck:
- 4 Elements & Elemental dignities
- Zodiac signs & Planetary symbols
- Sacred colors, numbers, shapes & archetypes
As in the traditional tarot, the booklet includes both upright and reversed meanings + 4 original tarot spreads.
If you have an interest in witchcraft, astrology, ritual work, shadow work, symbolism, or the occult, this deck is for you. It is filled with loving wisdom and reverence for the invisible.
The deck now comes in a sturdy lid-bottom box with gold accents throughout. The cards are embellished with a gold frame that brings out the art on the front, while gold accents on the back give it a subtle touch of magic. The deck has been upgraded to a casino-grade cardstock that is thinner and shuffles better. The booklet is enriched with full-color pictures to help you identify your cards with ease.
- Cards: 70x110mm, 300gsm, gold foil, matte lamination
- Box: Lid-bottom box, gold foil, matte lamination
- Booklet: 72 pages, 10x110mm, full color, glue binding
- Printed on FSC-certified paper stock with eco-friendly soy-based inks