Planet Grok was once a haven for trans-dimensional migrants and a bastion of advanced technomancy, until a cataclysm rendered it a desolate hollow planet.
Now, feral monstrosities haunt its chasms, cities float among the clouds, and a derelict space station encapsulates the planet and bathes the world in perpetual phosphorescent radiation.
Yet, a new era of enlightenment is dawning. Civilizations grow from the ashes, relics of immense power await those who would learn their lost secrets, and threats of caste warfare loom as leaders vie for power. All the while, a creeping black nothingness peers up through the hollow of the world.
GROK?! is an adventure role-playing game set in a gonzo world of boundless plausibility, where you use your ingenuity and resourcefulness to overcome strange and perilous threats.
- An FKR/OSR-inspired "Rulings-over Rules" design
- Universal action resolution system with description-based modifiers
- Player-facing fail-forward mechanic, with non-binary outcomes
- Slot-based resource and damage management system
- Adaptability to any setting
- Challenge-oriented and adventure-focused gameplay
Design & Writing by Lester Burton
Artwork by Matias Viro
Logo & Layout by Emmalene Meyers
Editing by Ginger Galaini
5.5" x 8.5" saddle stitched zine, 40 full-color pages
*Digital files will be emailed once the physical item ships.